The Creaform 700 is a hand held scanner and is small enough to be a carry-on for a flight, but powerful and accurate for large and complicated machined parts.
This scanner has a metrology grade unit with the following specifications:
• Accuracy: Up to 0.0012 in
• Volumetric Accuracy: Up to 0.0007 in/ft
• Resolution: 0.0020 in
• Measurement Rate: 480,000 measurements/s
• 7 Lasers
• Post-Processing Software: VX Elements and Solidworks
1. Apply adhesive or magnetic targets to the part (see the large nut on the right). These position the part for the scan.
2. Laser Scan the part
3. Post-Process the Data
4. Make a Solid Model using the post-processed data.
5. Make a dimensioned print of the part.